Places to Eat in Seminyak
More and more tourists have been flocking straight to Kuta. That calls for another avenue for avid travellers and expats to base in Bali.
For a few years now, Seminyak is the essence of expat living in Bali. Where to eat in Seminyak? You might ask.
The truth is there are so many places to eat in Seminyak.
Each corner that you turn, each street that you take, you will see a tantalising satay stall or a tiny warung waving to you with inviting arms.
If you are looking for where to eat in Seminyak – you are in the right place!
Where to Eat in Seminyak, Bali
Being one of the most visited places by Australians, Bali never runs out of good brunch spots.
Most of the brunch places in Bali seem to resemble the quality of brunch food in Australia. Coming from Melbourne, I have to say that the quality of these places surprised me!
- Sisterfields – Sisterfields is wildly famous for it’s daring adventure in the conventional brunch menu. Think jalapeno cheese fondue and polenta fries. You are welcome.
- Revolver espresso – this post is not just about where to eat in Seminyak, but also where to find a good coffee in Seminyak. I am proud to say that Revolver Espresso is as good as a coffee that you’d have in Melbourne!
- Nalu Bowls – Down for some healthy acai bowls? Head to Nalu Bowls! They have many branches and the one in Seminyak is really cute!
Restaurants in Seminyak
Balinese Fine Restaurants
- Warung Mina Petitenget – Warung Mina is another place that was close to my accommodation. They have a serene garden with fountains and a amazing decor! Apart from Balinese dishes, you can also find typical dishes from Southeast Asian cuisine like Tomyam here (although I wouldn’t recommend it – when in Bali, eat Balinese food)
- Bebek Tepi Sawah – one of the most expensive meals that I had. I have never thought that fried duck would be as crispy as this and at the same time, super tender on the inside. It was super well done. Personally, if you ask me where to eat in Seminyak, this would be the best place, especially if you love duck!
- Naughty Nuri Seminyak – Another place famous for their pork ribs. If you don’t eat pork, their ayam bakar (grilled chicken) is also delish!
- Nasi Ayam Kedewatan Ibu Mangku – this was one of my first meals in Bali. I was searching for where to eat in Bali on Google Maps. This place is really near to my accommodation so I gave it a try. Turns out to be one of my best lunches in Bali!
- Made’s Warung – Made’s Warung specialises in Balinese cuisine. It’s priced slightly higher but you are also getting typical Balinese delights with refined texture and flavour.
- Wahaha Pork Ribs – Specialised in pork ribs, Wahaha is one of the best places to eat in Seminyak. It is slightly out of the way but dear god those ribs…
Local places to eat in Seminyak
Typical Balinese fare
Tired of foreigners and looking for restaurants to eat in Seminyak that are frequented by locals? These are the food places that you must know!
- Babi Guling Sari Kembar – It was a precious gem. Not many foreigners know about this place but they have one of the best “babi guling” rice that I have tried in Bali!
- Warung Sulawesi – Introduced to me by a Balinese friend, Warung Sulawesi is her usual warung to hang out at with friends when they want to eat something more substantial. It is very cheap. Again, a local gem so not many people know about it.
- Sate Babi Bawah Pohon – The name literally translates to “Pork satay under the tree”. This might be a life-changing experience for you.
Where to stay in Seminyak?
I reckon Seminyak is the best place to stay in the whole of Bali. Great beaches, great food, great accessibility, great party spots… I can go on and on!
Budget – Stay with Grandmas Plus Hotel Seminyak! It’s walking distance to the beach. Also there are many great eateries around! For just 28$ US per night you can get a double room!
Comfortable – If you wanna be a little more comfortable, stay with Tonys Villa & Resort. Room rate starts at 80$ US per night! The Balinese architecture is fantabulous! Perks: own balcony, amazing pool and great breakfast!
High-end – Get a private villa with a private pool at Monaco Blu Luxury Villas and Spa for a price of just 160$ US!
Like it? Pin it!
This post contains affiliate link(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/ referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any extra cost to you. It helps to keep this little website afloat. Thank you for your support! Hugs and kisses from Melbourne!